Monday, January 02, 2006

Night Fright




Night Fright
2/27/88

I look back as if it were just yesterday
For that night will never be erased from my mind
The vehicle that was headed straight for us
As if its driver had just become blind
It smashed into us with tremendous impact
So much it tore and imbedded our skin
To the metal of the dashboard in fact
Of our vehicle we were heading to home in
But that was the least of our sorrows
As I now tried to now burst open the doors
In my mind I asked will there be a tomorrow?
For the family I so loved and adored
My wife her face now covered with blood and glass
Who in their right mind could do such a sin?
The answers were not far to be found in fact
From the condition the other driver was in
The driver had no concern for my family maimed
All that he wanted was the bottle within
To escape the trouble that he was now in
So ! You might say to yourself ,What do I care?
Such an event could never happen to me
My Friends you should always be aware
What is around the next corner or beyond the next tree
The DRUNKEN DRIVER has no BRAINS
It has been consumed by all they drank
So if you go out I hope you will refrain
You will have your loved ones thanks
It does not matter the time of year
Or whether it be day or night
Even if your home is far or near
You must keep your mind of clear sight
Have a safe and prosperous New Year
Not a time of unwanted pain and fright

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
to find this topic to be really one thing which I feel I
might never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely
broad for me. I am having a look forward
for your next post, I'll try to get the grasp of it!

Here is my page internetowe chwilówki na miesiąc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home