Sunday, January 01, 2006

Faces in my Youth







Face’s in my Youth





Searching my mind of youthful days past
Brings many face’s from my pages of time
Mayor Beatrice Corliss her impression cast
Pierce N Hodgkins a councilor, and leader defined
Freddy Kyrouz a man of compassion and care
Or Nick at the Pool Room keeping kids of the streets
Gordon and Jerry at Sterling’s with prices fair
Their Aunt, a true treasure in my mind to keep
Big Jake the Policeman. My guardian at night
Jack Cronin my true street dad
Reverend Forrest Clark my guiding light
These were my friends that I was privileged to have
Now through age my life is at center
We again have a lady that is running for the chair
It is my hope that she will inherit the wisdom of my mentors
By being a leader of Compassion and care.



Peter A. Todd 2/3/01

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home