Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Cat of Nine Tails







Cat of Nine Tails
By Peter A. Todd    petertoddpoet.com


With open eyes and endless thoughts
I reflect upon the pain in my back
Asking myself why my mind was wrought
Of the whippings for which I did not ask
Each time I felt the stinging pain
I would think of my mother I did not know
Of the loving kindness of my sister
Who in my dreams protected me from each blow
I asked myself back in younger days
Why was I taken away with such haste?
Then I recalled as my loved ones would say
I was lying in my own waste
So dear Lord the sands of time has past
And the scars of my body have healed
Looking back those fifty years passed
The answers of my crying heart have been revealed

4 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Peter Todd said...

great work

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

test this is a test

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Peter Todd said...

This is a test a second test

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello

can we exchange ours links please

my title : cecyl, the little britain poet

url : http://cecyl.over-blog.com/categorie-10167052.html

thanks

see you soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home